Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Peter Pan Prize




Naku, Nakuu, Nakuuu! Swedish version HARDBOUND! A dream come true :-)



And so it happened.

The Peter Pan Prize was awarded to our book Naku, Nakuu, Nakuuu! in Gothenburg, Sweden by the International Board on Books for Young People-Sweden.


Nanoy and Ingrid read the book at the Gothenburg Fair

Because there were so many things that happened in my life this year, I wasn't able to witness the special occasion in Sweden. Much to my regret, this could have been a great chance to meet new friends and places. But, in my behalf, I was represented by Isko, the main character of the book. What a great idea by Nanoy himself, the author of Naku



Now at home watching me draw books, Isko, the plushie, is made by Pergylene Acuna 


So what does the Peter Pan Prize really means to me? 

It's a great honor actually to represent the local kidlit and be recognized on the other side of the world where most of the beautiful children's books I adore are born. It's only lately that I have fully realized this grand achievement, so I am very grateful.

   



Peter Pan Prize mementos

Isko and Nanoy, together with the Adarna team, had a great time in Sweden. You can view their adventures here. While the book and the win have also been featured in numerous publications in Sweden and all over the web. Some of the most important are here: 





The Writer's bffs according to Nanoy. Prints available here.


Happy thoughts truly bring you to fantastic places. 


No comments: